The quantities of this recipe require a large slow cooker, or alternatively a large casserole dish that you can place in the oven. Serves 6-8
- 1kg wild boar, diced
- 400g nitrate-free, free-range bacon, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 750g jap pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 x 680ml bottles passata
- 500ml organic beef bone broth
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Place all ingredients in slow cooker (or casserole dish). Stir and place on low heat setting (or oven 90 degrees C). Cook for 10 hours with lid on, stirring occasionally.
Increase heat to high setting (or oven temp 150 degrees C) and cook for another 3-4 hours with lid off.
Serve on bed of vegetables (I used grated raw carrot), mash potato/cauliflower, zucchini noodles, rice or pasta.