- 1kg grass-fed organic beef mince
- 2 x 690ml bottle tomato puree
- 1 1/2 brown onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tbs healthy fat*
- Good sized handful fresh herbs (oregano, parsley and/or basil)
- 1 tbs dried mixed Italian herbs
- Chilly (fresh or dried) to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
* healthy fat – a heat-stable fat/oil such as coconut oil, ghee, butter, sustainable palm oil, organic animal fat
Brown mince and a large pot on medium heat. Remove from pot and set aside.
Add 2 tbs healthy fat to pot with onions and garlic. Simmer while stirring for a few minutes. Add vegetables and cook while stirring for 4-5 minutes or until they start to soften. Add all other ingredients, including the brown mince and bring to a boil.
Simmer on a low heat for 2-3 hours with the pot lid on an angle. Sauce will reduce in volume.
Serves 4-6 people.