Loving group training? Here are options to continue attending classes after the February program
Your Resource Platform
Here you have access to video guides to help you get started implementing healthy habits, tracking your points, and improving your fitness, strength, energy and overall health.
The two videos immediately below will guide you through the process of implementing healthy habits, and tracking the points you earn along the way. The Fitness & Wellbeing Program is not about earning the most points and beating others (although a bit of healthy competition can be good from time to time) - rather it's about supporting you to implement healthy choices into your everyday life, and motivating you to stick with it long enough to turn these changes into lasting healthy habits.
On this page we have a collection of guided restorative practice videos (mediation, breathing practices, qigong, zone exercises), educational videos and healthy recipes. Each week we will also update the leader board on the right hand side with the previous week's scores.
Bookmark this page, and regularly check in, as we will be posting new videos, recipes and resources from time to time to help support you in making positive improvements to your health and fitness.
Point Tracker & Nutrition Guides
Watch the two videos below to learn how to enter your Mindset, Nutrition, Rest/Recovery and Movement points, and to learn more about what constitutes a healthy meal and how you can earn 200 points by eating incredibly delicious and nutritious food.
Can't attend the Live Stream Guided Meditation classes with Wallis Murphy? Or maybe you just want to add another meditation into your routine...below are a series of 10 and 20 minute guided meditations. Short enough to make it easy to make that decision to sit down, take a breath...and relax the body and mind for a moment.
Meditation is an ancient practice, and now it has been studied by modern science - showing that regular meditation can heal and support the body and mind is numerous ways, improving concentration, creative expression, sleep, reducing blood pressure, symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety and depression...and the list of benefits goes on. Why not give daily meditation for at least 10 minutes a shot over this 4 week challenge, and see for yourself what benefits you experience.
Box breathing, also known as square breathing, is a technique used when taking slow, deep breaths. It can heighten performance and concentration while also being a powerful stress reliever. This breathing technique is used by yogis as well as special forces soldiers. It is effective in slowing down ones resting breath rate, and can help correct fault breathing patterns. The technique involves breathing in for a count of 4, holding for a count of 4, breathing out for a count of 4 and pausing for a count of 4. This cycle is repeated for 7 rounds, or for as long as you wish. It can be very beneficial practising box breathing daily for 10-20 minutes. Try out the guided 10 minute box breathing video below, and if you would like to practice yourself, considering downloading the mobile app 'Box Breathe'.
Guided Moving Meditation
Qigong is an over five-thousand year-old Chinese health method that combines slow graceful movements with mental concentration and breathing to increase and balance a person's vital energy. It can be described as a moving meditation. There are hundreds of different movements in the Qigong practice, however, you can experience profound benefits from practicing as little as 1 or 2 of the movements. The key is to move very slowly, mindfully and in sync with your breath. Below you will find simple guided Qigong videos to offer you an easy and effective introduction into this incredible ancient practice.
Zones exercises are a serious of slow meditative movements developed by Paul Chek, the founder of the CHEK Institute. Paul has had a significant influence on Ross De Vincentiis and how Ross came to develope the philosophy taught at Rossfit. Zones exercises are simple 'western'-style movements, designed to be practiced slowly in time with the breath in order to draw blood flow, energy, nutrients and vitality to various parts of the body to promote recovery, healing and general health and wellbeing. Below are a number of guided Zone videos for you to utilise to help add another mindfulness tool into your toolbox.
Below you will find a guide to goal setting for the challenge and beyond, a deeper look into why we’ve set these particular nutrition guidelines for the challenge, and advice on home training equipment.
We will add videos to this section, so keep an eye out.
Weekly Leaderboard Week 3
Fitness & Wellbeing Program Point Scoring Guide
The program is based on a honesty system. You will be determining your own scores and inputting them into your personal Google Sheet Tracker each week.
There are numerous ways you can earn points across four categories - mindset, nutrition, rest/recovery and movement:
- 5-10 min journaling (goal/intention setting, writing 3-5 things you're grateful for, or just writing how you're feeling) = 100/day
- 2 min cold shower or ice-bath, ideally in the morning = 100/day
- WEEK 1 BONUS: Introduce yourself and post your goals for the month in the WhatsApp group = 500
- WEEK 1 BONUS: Morning journal practise (Tue-Sun) = 1200
- WEEK 1 BONUS: Morning 2-min cold shower (Tue-Sun) = 800
- Eat in line with healthy food guidelines for entire day (see below for more info) = 200/day
- Drink enough water (your weight in KG x 0.033 = Water in L. Eg. If you weigh 70kg > 70 x 0.033 = 2.31 > minimum 2.31L of water/day) = 100/day
- Alcohol-free days (when you achieve 4 days in a row of no alcohol you start earning points) = 300 plus 100 for each consecutive day
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Intermittent Fasting Mon-Sun = 800
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Eat only organic for the dirty dozen & animal products Mon-Sun = 800
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Avoid all sugar (incl. fruit, grains & below-ground veg) Mon-Sun = 800
- Rossfit live stream yoga class attendance = 150
- Rossfit live stream 25-min meditation class attendance = 100
- 8 hours (minimum) sleep = 250/night
- 10 minutes (minimum) meditation or breathing practice = 100
- 10 minutes (minimum) Zone exercises or Qigong = 100
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Sleep like a boss. Asleep by 10pm and min. 8hrs/night Mon-Sun = 1000
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Meditate min. 20 min each day (can be combination of live stream, guided on-demand or self-guided) Mon-Sun = 800
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Qi Gong/Zone Exercises min. 20 min each day (can be combo of guided on-demand or self-guided) Mon-Sun = 800
- Rossfit live stream or outdoor fitness class attendance = 150
- Bonus workout (2 released each week - Wed & Sat. enter score from just one of them) = 100 minimum
- Reaching 10,000 steps/day (or 8km) = 100, OR Reaching 20,000 steps/day (or 16km) = 250
- At least 60 minutes exercise (can include walk/cardio, zoom bodyweight fitness or solo workout. Does not include yin/restorative yoga class) for at least 6 days in week (Mon-Sun) = 500
- WEEK 4 BONUS: Become a supple leopard - complete the guided wholebody mobility video each day Mon-Sun = 1000
- WEEK 4 BONUS: Train like a beast - complete all 5 bonus workouts that will be emailed to you Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat in wk 4 = 1200
HEALTHY RECIPE GUIDELINES
To earn 200 points for eating in line with the healthy food guidelines for an entire day, each meal/snack throughout the day must:
- Be free from refined sugar (eg. table sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, large amounts of dried fruits. Small amounts of maple syrup, honey and dried fruits such as goji berries are allowed, as is stevia, erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit and yacon syrup)
- Be free from artificial sweeteners
- Be free from processed grains/flours (eg. wheat flour, gluten free grain flours. Coconut, tapioca, almond and other nut flours are allowed)
- Be free from refined vegetables oils (eg. canola, sunflower, safflower, soy. The following cold-pressed oils are allowed: olive oil (extra virgin), coconut oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, macadamia oil)
- Be free from artificial preservatives, nitrates, flavourings or colourings
- Basically, keep the meals/snacks to wholefoods (vegetables, fresh or frozen fruit, preservative-free meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, wholegrains (eg. brown rice, steel-cut oats, whole quinoa, millet, buckwheat)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where does 1hr of walk/run/soccer go on the sheet?
A: This would go towards your daily steps and your 60min exercise/day that when achieved for 6 days in a week gives you 500 points
Is 7 Alcohol free days 300+200?
A: 4 days in a row = 300. Every consecutive day earns you 100. So 7 days = 300 + 300 = 600
What does the point scoring work for the 10,000 & 20,000 steps/day?
A: If you reach 20,000 steps in a day, you score 250 points total. If you reach at least 10,000 steps in a day but don't reach 20,000 steps you will earn 100 points.
Do I get points for a 1on1 or semi-private personal training session?
A: Yes, a 1on1 or semi-private personal training session counts the same as a Rossfit live stream or outdoor fitness class (150 points)
If I attend a yoga class that isn’t a Rossfit yoga class, does that count?
A: It counts towards you becoming more zen-like, but it does not count towards your points. Try our yoga classes - they are INCREDIBLE!
If I attend a guided meditation class, as well as completing a solo meditation for 25 min in the same day, how many points do I earn?
A: You earn 100 points for the guided meditation class, as well as 100 points for the solo meditation. A total of 200 points.
I completed the 10 min breathing practice video on the challenge website. Do I score points for this?
A: Yes, you earn 100 points for this. It goes towards the minimum 10 min meditation or breathing practice category.
Do I earn 200 points if I eat two really healthy meals in a day, but then break the healthy eating guidelines at dinner time?
A: It's so great that you had two healthy meals. That's brilliant. However, in order to earn 200 points for healthy eating on a particular day, you have to stick to the guidelines for the entire day...with no slip ups.