Your Resource Platform
Here you have access to video guides to help you get started implementing healthy habits, tracking your points, and improving your fitness, strength, energy and overall health.
The two videos immediately below will guide you through the process of implementing healthy habits, and tracking the points you earn along the way. The Fitness & Wellbeing Program is not about earning the most points and beating others (although a bit of healthy competition can be good from time to time) - rather it's about supporting you to implement healthy choices into your everyday life, and motivating you to stick with it long enough to turn these changes into lasting healthy habits.
On this page we have a collection of guided restorative practice videos (mediation, breathing practices, qigong, zone exercises), educational videos and healthy recipes. Each week we will also update the leader board at the bottom of the page with the previous week's scores.
Bookmark this page, and regularly check in, as we will be posting new videos, recipes and resources from time to time to help support you in making positive improvements to your health and fitness.
Point Tracker & Nutrition Guides
Watch the two videos below to learn how to enter your Mindset, Nutrition, Rest/Recovery and Movement points, and to learn more about what constitutes a healthy meal and how you can earn 200 points by eating incredibly delicious and nutritious food.
Below are guided workouts for you to add into your training program. These workouts can count towards your 45 minutes of resistance, pilates, cardio or fitness class daily points. Keep coming back to this space as more videos are added throughout the Fitness & Wellbeing Program.
Guided Meditation/ Breathing
Not sure how to go about a meditate or breathing practice?
...below are a series of 10 and 20 minute guided meditations. Short enough to make it easy to make that decision to sit down, take a breath...and relax the body and mind for a moment.
Meditation is an ancient practice, and now it has been studied by modern science - showing that regular meditation can heal and support the body and mind is numerous ways, improving concentration, creative expression, sleep, reducing blood pressure, symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety and depression...and the list of benefits goes on. Why not give daily meditation for at least 10 minutes a shot over this 4 week challenge, and see for yourself what benefits you experience.
Box breathing, also known as square breathing, is a technique used when taking slow, deep breaths. It can heighten performance and concentration while also being a powerful stress reliever. This breathing technique is used by yogis as well as special forces soldiers. It is effective in slowing down ones resting breath rate, and can help correct fault breathing patterns. The technique involves breathing in for a count of 4, holding for a count of 4, breathing out for a count of 4 and pausing for a count of 4. This cycle is repeated for 7 rounds, or for as long as you wish. It can be very beneficial practising box breathing daily for 10-20 minutes. Try out the guided 10 minute box breathing video below, and if you would like to practice yourself, considering downloading the mobile app 'Box Breathe'.
Guided Moving Meditation
Qigong is an over five-thousand year-old Chinese health method that combines slow graceful movements with mental concentration and breathing to increase and balance a person's vital energy. It can be described as a moving meditation. There are hundreds of different movements in the Qigong practice, however, you can experience profound benefits from practicing as little as 1 or 2 of the movements. The key is to move very slowly, mindfully and in sync with your breath. Below you will find simple guided Qigong videos to offer you an easy and effective introduction into this incredible ancient practice.
Zones exercises are a serious of slow meditative movements developed by Paul Chek, the founder of the CHEK Institute. Paul has had a significant influence on Ross De Vincentiis and how Ross came to develope the philosophy taught at Rossfit. Zones exercises are simple 'western'-style movements, designed to be practiced slowly in time with the breath in order to draw blood flow, energy, nutrients and vitality to various parts of the body to promote recovery, healing and general health and wellbeing. Below are a number of guided Zone videos for you to utilise to help add another mindfulness tool into your toolbox.
Below you will find a guide to goal setting for the Fitness & Wellbeing Program and beyond, a deeper look into why we’ve set these particular nutrition guidelines for the program, and advice on home training equipment.
We will add videos to this section, so keep an eye out.
Weekly Leaderboard Week 5
Fitness & Wellbeing Program Point Scoring Guide
The program is based on a honesty system. You will be determining your own scores and inputting them into your personal Google Sheet Tracker each week.
There are numerous ways you can earn points across four categories - mindset, nutrition, rest/recovery and movement:
- 5-10 min journaling (goal/intention setting, writing 3-5 things you're grateful for, or just writing how you're feeling) = 100/day. So you could earn up to 700 in one week
- 2 min cold shower, ice-bath or cryotherapy treatment, ideally in the morning = 100/day. So you could earn up to 700 in one week
- WEEK 1 BONUS: Introduce yourself and post your goals for the month in the WhatsApp group before the end of the week = 500
- WEEK 1 BONUS: Morning journal practise (Mon-Sun) = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- WEEK 1 BONUS: "Callus the mind"(Mon-Sun) = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- Eat in line with healthy food guidelines for entire day (see Nutrition Tab for more info) = 200/day. So you could earn up to 1400 in one week
- Drink enough water (your weight in KG x 0.033 = Water in L. Eg. If you weigh 70kg > 70 x 0.033 = 2.31 > minimum 2.31L of water/day) = 100/day. So you could earn up to 700 in one week
- Alcohol-free days (when you achieve 4 days in a row of no alcohol you start earning points) = 300 plus 100 for each consecutive day after the first four days. Eg. 6 days in a row of no alcohol would equal 500 points
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Intermittant Fasting Mon-Sun = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Eat 9 cups vegetables each day Mon-Sun = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- WEEK 2 BONUS: Eat at least 30 different vegetables or fruits over the week Mon-Sun = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- Yoga class attendance at any studio, or 45-min minimum of solo practice = 150. So you could earn 1050 in one week
- 20 minutes (minimum) meditation or breathing, guided or unguided = 100. The total you can earn in this category is 700 in one week
- 10 minutes (minimum) Zone exercises or Qigong, guided or unguided = 100. The total you can earn in this category is 700 in one week
- 8 hours (minimum) sleep = 250/night. So you could earn 1750 in one week
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Sleep like a boss. Asleep by 10pm and min. 8hrs/night Mon-Sun = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Meditate min. 20 minutes each day (can be combination of guided or self-guided) Mon-Sun = 1000. That's 1000 total for the week
- WEEK 3 BONUS: Digital detox for at least 2 hours before bed each night (no TV, computer, phone) Mon-Sun = 1000. That's 1000 total for the week
- 45 minutes (minimum) resistance, pilates, cardio (a slow walk doesn't count) or fitness class = 150. The total you can earn in this category is 1050 in one week
- Bonus workout (2 released each week - Mon & Thu enter score from just one of them) = 100 minimum
- Reaching 10,000 steps/day (or 8km) = 100, OR Reaching 20,000 steps/day (or 16km) = 250. It's possibly to earn 1750 in one week
- At least 60 minutes exercise (can include walk/cardio, resistance, fitness class, bonus workout or solo workout. Does not include yoga) for at least 6 days in week (Mon-Sun) = 500. The total you can earn in this category is 500 in one week
- WEEK 4 BONUS: Become a supple leopard - complete the guided wholebody mobility video each day Mon-Sun = 1000. That's 1000 total for the week
- WEEK 4 BONUS: For each of the 5 bonus workouts that will be emailed to you Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri in wk 4, you earn 250 points per bonus workout = up to 5 x 250
- WEEK 4 BONUS: Daily Mover. 100 push ups, 200 squats, 50 each side single leg Romanian deadlifts, 10,000 steps - completed each day Mon-Sun = 1200. That's 1200 total for the week
HEALTHY FOOD GUIDELINES
To earn 200 points for eating in line with the healthy food guidelines for an entire day, each meal/snack throughout the day must:
- Be free from refined sugar (eg. table sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, large amounts of dried fruits. Small amounts of maple syrup (1tsp), honey (1tsp) and dried fruits (1 small handful) such as goji berries are allowed. Natural sugar alternatives are allowed in small amounts, such as stevia, erythritol, xylitol, monk fruit and yacon syrup
- Be free from artificial sweeteners
- Be free from processed grains/flours (eg. wheat flour, gluten free grain flours, rice/quinoa flakes, rice cakes, crackers, biscuits, pastries, muffins, bread, wraps, etc. Coconut, tapioca, almond and other nut flours are allowed)
- Be free from refined vegetables oils (eg. canola, sunflower, safflower, soy. The following cold-pressed oils are allowed: olive oil (extra virgin), coconut oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, macadamia oil, sustainable palm oil)
- Be free from artificial preservatives, nitrates, flavourings or colourings
- Basically, keep the meals/snacks to wholefoods (vegetables, fresh or frozen fruit, preservative-free meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, wholegrains (eg. brown rice, steel-cut oats, whole quinoa, millet, buckwheat)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Where does 1hr of walking, running or netball practice go on the point tracker sheet?
A: Walking would go towards your daily steps and 60-min daily exercise, running would go towards your steps, 60-min daily exercise as well as your 45-min workout. Netball practice would go towards all three also.
Is 7 Alcohol free days 300+200?
A: 4 days in a row = 300. Every consecutive day earns you 100. So 7 days = 300 + 300 = 600
How does the point scoring work for the 10,000 & 20,000 steps/day?
A: If you reach 20,000 steps in a day, you score 250 points total. If you reach at least 10,000 steps in a day but don't reach 20,000 steps you will earn 100 points.
Do I get points for a 1on1 or semi-private personal training session?
A: Yes, a 1on1 or semi-private personal training session counts the same as a fitness class (150 points)
I completed the 10 min breathing practice video on the program website. Do I score points for this?
A: Not quite. You would need to complete another 10 min breathing or meditation to reach the 20 min minimum to earn 100 points for that day.
Do I earn 200 points if I eat two really healthy meals in a day, but then break the healthy eating guidelines at dinner time?
A: It's so great that you had two healthy meals. That's brilliant. However, in order to earn 200 points for healthy eating on a particular day, you have to stick to the guidelines for the entire day...with no slip ups.